Indore- my first and only love

I have grown up in Indore and let me just start by saying that I always wanted to get out of there. Indore is not small town but a proper city or a "mini metro" as we have always called it and like everyone else I wanted to move to bigger city like Mumbai or Bangalore or Delhi for I thought they would fulfill my dreams and that the people there would be more broad minded or I will have more freedom from my family and my relatives and my neighbors. I moved to Bangalore exactly one and a half year ago and people's mentality is still the same but yes, I have much more freedom than I have ever had- stay out all night, party all night, get drunk and what not but might I say as it always has been said- freedom has its price. People ridicule me whenever I say I don't like Bangalore because as per them what is there not to like. Great weather, great party place, great might life- except for bad traffic, everything is just fine. It is the Silicon Valley of India of course but an Indori will always remain an Indori at heart.
Besides being the cleanest city in India, it is the food capital of India too and food is the thing I love the most apart from my family. For someone who has been completely spoiled by Indore's nine flavour pani puri, Johnny hotdog, Vijay Chaat house's khopra patis, Sarafa's momos, it is very difficult for me to actually accept the low food taste of Bangalore, even in North Indian restaurants. In fact, I haven't accepted it and might never accept it. When it comes to food Indore can satisfy each and everybody's taste buds with a flick of it's wand. Each corner of Indore will give you the best foodgasms you will ever achieve.
We may lack when it comes to great IT companies and high paying jobs but where else can you refer to a man as "Bhiyyaa" (I still get weird looks when I use it) or call something "Ek number" when you loved how it turned out or say "Das mat" to someone who is cracking lame jokes or just annoying you.
People will still wonder why I love my city so much but it does have all the ingredients of a metro city with the perfect amount of homeliness. I may have lived in Bangalore for quite some time but Indore will always be first love and no city can ever take its place in my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts